- Turn off and tag the power to the dispenser. The dispenser must be de-energized prior to service in order to avoid personal injury.
- Barricade the work area in order to block vehicle access to the dispenser.
- Close the dispenser’s shear valve prior to removing hanging hardware (hoses, safety breakaways and nozzles).
- Drain any liquid product from the hanging hardware into an approved container prior to replacing any hanging hardware components.
- Remove hanging hardware from the dispenser prior to connecting the replacement components. It is recommended to connect the whip hose to the dispenser last during hanging-hardware reassembly.
- Reverse the shutdown process to put the dispenser back in service (open shear valve, turn power on, etc.)
NOTE: Be sure to follow the installation instructions of your specific breakaway make and model.