Returned Good Policy And Core Return Policy
Source North America Corporation strives to provide customers with a positive transaction experience. For your convenience, click the link below to download a Return Goods Request Form.
Looking for our Terms and Conditions of Sale? Click here
SOURCE NORTH AMERICA CORPORATION
RETURNED GOODS POLICY
Our return policy is intended for timely processing of returns and issuance of credit to our customers. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in delays or loss of credit. Written communication or confirmation will also greatly aid in assuring proper processing.
All returns will require a written Return Goods Authorization (RGA) from Source. All returns should be sent to one of our Source facilities, along with a copy of the RGA and the RGA# should be written on the outside of all boxes. Under no circumstances should any items be returned directly to the manufacturer or other party unless prior written authorization is obtained from Source.
To receive authorization to return material, customers must fill out a Return Goods Request form. Forms may be downloaded here, or obtained by fax or email from the Source branch handling the account. The Return Goods Request may then be faxed to RG Coordinator at (847)364-1788 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A numbered Return Goods Authorization will be faxed or emailed back to the customer.
RETURNS TO STOCK
- Items should not be returned without prior authorization from Source.
- In the case of an error on the part of Source, items will be accepted back within 30 days of shipment for full credit.
- Source will accept a return of regularly stocked items up to 10% of the amount of each invoice without a restocking charge. This is intended to allow our customers a slight overage on materials such as pipe and fittings on construction orders. However, all items returned must be clean, undamaged, and in original containers. Also, fiberglass pipe will only accepted in full lengths, and flexible pipe will only be accepted in minimum of 100 feet continuous lengths. This allowance will not apply to specially ordered items or repair parts.
- Return of all other items will be at the discretion of Source and, if accepted for return, will be subject to restocking charges to cover costs incurred by Source, including factory restocking charges, processing costs and return shipping to the manufacturer. The standard restocking charge will be 20%, but may be higher due to certain vendor return policies.
DAMAGE OR LOSS IN SHIPMENT
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect shipments upon delivery and note any damage in writing on the bill of lading at the time of delivery. The customer should also notify Source immediately upon receiving a damaged shipment to arrange for a replacement.
- The customer should confirm that the number of boxes received matches the bill of lading at the time of delivery. Shortages due to a loss by the carrier cannot be rectified if not noted by recipient at the time of delivery.
- The customer should inspect all items for concealed damage and loss within 3 days of receiving the shipment and notify Source if any such damage or loss is noted.
- No damaged materials should be returned to Source without prior authorization. Such items will often need to be held for inspection by the freight company at the location where received.
CORE RETURNS (Repair & Return & Non-Warranty)
- Cores will be accepted on a like-for-like basis, according to the parameters listed on our core return policy, against advanced shipments of exchange parts.
- Cores returned in advance for Repair and Return will be processed immediately, on a like-for like (or available upgrade) basis, upon receipt of exchange part.
- See attached Core Return policy for individual return time frames allowable to receive a core credit.
- Source’s sole warranty obligation shall be the honoring of the manufacturer’s factory warranty for items that were sold by Source.
- If an item not purchased from Source is submitted for warranty replacement, Source may, at its discretion, provide a replacement item, but in this case we will impose a handling fee of $15.00 or 15% of the list price of such item, whichever is greater, per item, to defray our processing costs.
- All warranty items must be returned to Source with all required paperwork, such as a Source RGA, and any manufacturers warranty service reports or claim forms. Please call if you have any questions regarding requirements for particular items. Items received without proper documentation will be returned to you for correction and re-submittal.
- If a defective part is first returned to Source for replacement, the replacement will be shipped to you at no charge.
- If a replacement part is ordered in advance of returning defective item, you will be invoiced at your regular price for that part. If the defective part is returned within 15 days, Source will credit the warranty items on original invoice. If the part is not returned within 15 days, the invoice for the replacement part will need to be paid in accordance with your payment terms. If the part is then subsequently returned, Source will not issue credit against the replacement invoice, but will withhold credit until credit is issued to Source.
RETURN GOODS AUTHORIZATIONS
In order to abide by manufacturer’s return guidelines, Source obtained RGA’s will have the following validations:
- “Returns To Stock” RGA’s will be valid for 30 days from date of issuance.
- “Warranty Return” RGA’s will be valid for 15 days from date of issuance.
- “Core Credit & Exchange” RGA’s will be valid for 15 days from date of issuance.
Although Source may issue an RGA to send items back for credit, that does not insure you will receive credit for those items.
- Return to stock items will be inspected by Source to make sure item is unused and clean or, original packaging unopened.
- Core and warranty returns will need to be inspected and accepted by manufacturer before Source will issue credit for items.
Source reserves the right to withhold or reverse any credit given for parts that are subsequently rejected by the manufacturer.
CORE RETURN POLICY
Over the years, suppliers of exchange parts have tightened their policies for returning cores. In turn, we are forced to do the same. Exchange items are sold on a “Core Credit Upon Return” basis, in the expectation that cores will be returned to Source within a few days of your receipt of the part. This allows us to recover the cost of the core from the supplier, which we in turn pass on to you, our customer. If we do not meet the manufacturer’s time limitations, we do not receive our core credit and therefore cannot issue core credit to you, our customer. In order to avoid this added expense we find it necessary to set definite time limits on core returns.
IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CORE CREDIT
- You must obtain a Return Goods Request form to be filled out. You can obtain that form here, or from the sales dept of the facility handling your account.
- The form must be filled out and faxed to RG Coordinator at (847) 364-1788 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Cores must be received at Source within 15 days* of invoice, with RGA as your return packing slip.
- Cores received after this time and/or without Source RGA will be returned, uncredited.
*CORE POLICY EXCEPTIONS & VARIATIONS
|ALLIED ELECTRONICS||BOARD CORES||**5 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|BENETT PUMP||BOARD CORES||**5 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|ALL OTHER VENDORS||BOARD CORES||**15 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|ALL MANUFACTURERS||NOZZLE CORES||**30 DAYS FROM INVOICE|
|VEEDER-ROOT||COMPUTER CORES NEEDED IN ADVANCE FOR ORDERING|
Please note that our 15-day core policy is independent of your payment terms. Invoices incorporating core charges should be paid within terms to keep your account balance current; we must receive either payment of the core charge or an acceptable core within terms. We will, of course, issue credit for any core charge paid, if we subsequently receive a core within the 15 day period allowed.